4 regular plums
2 tbsp caster sugar
75g butter, softened
100g caster sugar
100g self-raising flour
2 eggs, beaten
1 tbsp boiling water
1/4 tsp baking powder
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees C
- Chop the plums into rough quarters, and place in a saucepan. Cook on a low heat until soft. Add the caster sugar.
- Place the plums in a 2 inch depth gratin dish. Leave to cool.
- (For the sponge) Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Fold the flour and eggs in in alternate spoonfuls into the sugar mixture until blended, being careful to keep folding rather than stirring energetically - this will keep air in the mixture and fold in.
- Add a spoonful of boiling water to the mix.
- Spoon the mixture over the plums. Cook in the oven for 35-40 minutes or until the topping is puffy and golden. Serve with cream or custard.
I hope you like this, and if you have any questions be sure to comment them below!
Thanks for reading!